I thought I would share what we are "planning" on working on this year. Again, these are my plans... who knows where the Lord will actually lead us. As my friend and I were discussing, we make our plans, but with the stipulation, "Lord willin', and the creek don't rise!".
Perhaps some of you would like to comment and share what your schedule looks like this year. I am always encouraged and inspired by seeing what others are doing. Remember, this is no contest or comparison...just a chance to get some ideas.
- Math - Teaching Textbooks Algebra 1 & Math 5
- Bible - Answers in Genesis & Hero Tales
- Science - Christian Kids Explore Chemistry & Apologia General Science
- Language -
~ Abeka Read & Think ( Reading Comprehension)
~ Daily Grams
~ Penmanship (Italic and general copywork)
~ IEW Spelling
~ IEW Writing - Student Intensive Writing, level A. Planning to move quickly through first several units, and then switch to IEW Narnia Study.
- Typing ( computer program - Typing Instructor)
- Geography - Evan-Moore Daily Geography
- Geography - Beautiful Feet Geography Maps and Literature
- History - Finish Literature study of 1800's - pioneers, Civil War, Alamo - by reading books on the topics and reading Little House series. Hope to finish by Thanksgiving, and then start Ancients with Mystery of History, I think.
- Music - Piano lessons
- Reading & Read Alouds - working from a list of historical fiction and classics that I compile from catalogs such as Sonlight and Veritas Press ( I often check out titles from library, or pull from my already stocked shelf), as well as a few series dds enjoy, like Sisters in Time, American Girl selections, & Trailblazer Books.
- PE - Homeschool Tennis lessons
You can post as a comment. Or, if you are receiving this by email, click on the gray words "CHEE BEE" in the left corner of your email, and it should take you directly to the blog page where you can comment. : )