Friday, September 21, 2012

Hobby Lobby and Freedom




Funny this should come to my attention today, because I just enjoyed my first visit to the new Hobby Lobby ( next to Michaels on Division) a few days ago. I was so impressed with the store.  I had heard it is Christian owned. But right away I noticed a sign on the window letting customers know they are closed on Sundays, so employees can worship. Wow... is that refreshing, or what?! 

Then today, I heard of a lawsuit they are involved in, trying to resist the government from forcing them to pay for abortion meds for their employees, through the new healthcare law.   Some are calling for a boycott, but I think we should do our best to support them instead.

 We were very impressed with the store... it is a combination of JoAnn's Fabrics, Michaels, and some type of home decor store ( can't think of one by name).   It's huge, and very well organized.   So, if you have any shopping needs that might be met by the description above, stop in and have a look around.   Happy Shopping!  : )

 You can read about the legal situation here .  It is a short and informative article, so read up.  : )

1 comment: