Wednesday, May 16, 2012

CALLED TO HOMESCHOOL


I have been praying and thinking about this journey. What is my passion, regarding homeschooling? What are my concerns? Joys? Successes? Failures? What are yours? I realize and respect that the “vision” may be different for each family. Your homeschool journey may look different from mine. You may have different definitions, goals, etc. The circumstances that led you to homeschool may be entirely different from mine.

I am passionate about independent homeschooling, K-12. It is my calling. And on days when I don’t “feel” the calling, it is my conviction. So I look to resources that will inspire me and help to equip me for that long journey all the way through high school, help remind me of the costs… both of home schooling and NOT homeschooling my children.

Sometimes the stresses of life and the attack of the enemy wear us down, until we are weary and vulnerable to choosing other options for educating our children… options we really are not comfortable with, never thought we would consider. For me, educating my children is a form of discipling my children. So, there is no other option. I am committed. A little like marriage.

I feel ''called'' to homeschool my children. The Lord has pressed on my heart that we need to commit to this calling of homeschooling, and have a vision, so that we are not tempted to turn away or quit when we hit a bump along the way. I pray the Lord will renew our vision and calling, as we seek Him for this new school year coming up

No comments:

Post a Comment