Friday, December 2, 2011

Apple Tree Christmas

Apple Tree Christmas
   By Trinka Hakes Noble

 From the author's website:
Ever since its first publication in 1984, Apple Tree Christmas has touched thousands of readers young and old with its simple heartfelt message. Now in this handsome, classic edition, Trinka Hakes Noble’s holiday remembrance reminds us once again of the strength of family ties and the boundless roots of love.

   This is one of my favorite Christmas books.  Even though it is not directly Christ centered, it is about a sweet and loving family and it touches my heart every time I read it.
     I came across it as a library book years ago, and continued to check it out every year.  Then last year I decided to look for it online and add it to my personal library, so I purchased it from Amazon.com.   Interestingly, the copy I bought was a signed copy, so that was fun too.  
    If you can, I would highy recommend this book as a Christmas read aloud.  Even though it is a children's picture book, I think all ages would enjoy both the story and the illustrations.   This book is still available at most libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment